Destination Cinema, Inc. (DCI), will open its IMAX® 3D Theatre at Broadway at the Beach in May 2007 with a line-up of five extraordinary IMAX 3D films:
"These IMAX 3D films are unlike anything Myrtle Beach has seen before," said Murray Mold, national marketing director of DCI. "Shown on our giant screen, and with our state-of-the-art surround sound, the films will provide audiences with a totally immersive experience that will make them feel as though they are actually in the movies they view. These films will be the Grand Strand's must see attractions this summer."
- Dinosaurs 3D: Giants of Patagonia, narrated by Hollywood legend Donald Sutherland, is a brand new IMAX film that will be shown for the first time in May. It takes moviegoers on an unprecedented and unique 3D journey to the South American region of Patagonia where, some 18 million years ago, dinosaurs made their home. Through the totally immersive IMAX experience, audiences will enter the world of the largest known dinosaurs to ever roam the earth, and experience never-before-seen computer-generated footage of several of them, including the bipedal carnivore Giganotosaurus, and the largest living animal to ever walk the Earth, the plant-eating Argentinosaurus. The film explores some of the greatest paleontological discoveries of modern time, while IMAX 3D brings audiences into the presence of these amazing giants.
- Space Station 3D, narrated by action-adventure star Tom Cruise, is the first-ever IMAX 3D space film, and it provides audiences with their first opportunity to take a cinematic journey to the International Space Station. The story of the unique partnership of 16 nations building a laboratory in outer space, Space Station 3D fills moviegoers with the sensation that they are traveling 220 miles above earth at 17,500 miles per hour. This story of challenges, setbacks, and triumphs can only be fully experienced through IMAX 3D's totally immersive technology.
- Sharks 3D is a breathtaking new film experience presented by world-famous ocean explorer Jean-Michel Cousteau. For the first time on the giant screen, Sharks 3D takes audiences on an unforgettable journey into the fascinating underwater world of the most advanced predators on earth. The film recreates the actual sensations divers experience when they come face-to-face with these "lions and tigers" of the ocean, from the thrilling sensation of diving with these ultimate predators, to swimming with the biggest fish, to overcoming their deepest fears when they come face to face with a great white shark. The film explores the behavior of shark species that have been in existence since a million years before the dinosaurs -- the sand tiger shark, great white shark, scalloped hammerhead shark, gray reef shark and whale shark. By immersing audiences in the natural habitat of these sea creatures, the film demonstrates that they are not -- as they are often portrayed in film -- wicked man-eating creatures, but wild, fascinating and highly- endangered animals.
- Deep Sea 3D, narrated by award-winning actors Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet, presents sea life in a whole new way. Through IMAX 3D's immersive technology, audiences get an up-close look at the humorous, threatening and sometimes peculiar behavior of sea creatures as they interact with one another. New and visually-stunning, this underwater adventure transports viewers deep below the ocean surface where they experience the sensation of swimming beside a giant turtle, escaping the jaws of a man-eating shark, and coming face-to-face with some of the most unique and colorful creatures on the planet from the bizarre rainbow nudibranch crawling along the sea bottom to the Pacific octopus.
- Wild Safari 3D smashes the boundaries for the giant screen, taking audiences on an unforgettable South African safari via state-of-the-art live-action 3D cinematography. The first-ever 3D wildlife film experience, this film offers the real experience of searching the bush to see wild animals up-close. From their virtual seat in an open-air vehicle, audiences take a 3,000-mile ride through wildlife reserves and come face-to-face with Africa's most exciting and dangerous animals -- the elephant, the Cape buffalo, the rhino, the leopard and the lion -- known as the "Big Five." A trip of a lifetime, this extraordinary film conveys a passionate appreciation for the beauty and grace of creatures that have only recently been brought back from the brink of extinction.
DCI's IMAX 3D Theatre is located at Broadway at the Beach, a 350-acre entertainment complex located in the heart of Myrtle Beach. The shopping, dining and entertainment complex was the winner of the 1997 and 1999 S. C. Governor's Cup Awards. The state-of-the-art theater building will be an attraction itself, with a new spectacular exterior design and a lobby with displays that will both educate and amaze.
More information about IMAX 3D at Broadway at the Beach is available online at http://www.IMAX3DmyrtleBeach.com or by calling (843) 448-IMAX or 1-866-43D-IMAX.