X6D is a fully immersive, participatory 3D digital cinema Xperience, complete with motion, special effects and personal interactivity with Xtrodinary content. This revolution is coming soon to a theatre near you. The Cinema Xperience will never be the same.
Kolosej, a fast growing European entertainment company, has announced plans to roll out the first multi-dimensional cinema Xperience, evoking physical and sensorial reactions from the audience, which provides the most advanced solution for multiplex auditoriums and free standing theatres.
X6D is a joint venture led by Kolosej, with Edwards Technologies, Inc. (U.S), which provides the large format stereoscopic digital projection system, incorporating the clearest and brightest picture with a state-of-the-art sound system, and with Cinema Park Network (EU). Cinema Park offers the first ever Smart Moving Seats with dual motion capacity and built in effects such as a personal scent system and a cordless interactive system. This system enables each viewer to influence the movie and take part in a variety of interactive games. The special content is catered for various markets.
"X6D is the future of cinema exhibition", says Sergej Racman, CEO of Kolosej entertainment group. "X6D transforms the cinema complex into the most technologically advanced in the world. X6D presents all various types of movies in an unique total sensory cinema format. Just imagine watching the movie "Shrek", and being able to ride with him on his horse with the Smart Seats, feel the wind and rain during a storm or even smell the flowers along the ride. Cinema just doesn't get any better, and we can offer it to all our visitors. It's something they can't experience at home or at any other cinemas."
The first several X6D locations will open in Europe before the end of 2005.
"With the Cinema Park's content, the complex will be operational nearly 24/7", says Ori Yardeni, the creator of the International Cinema Park Network.
The X6D offers exceptional content to 4 major markets:
No matter what the movie, X6D's Smart Seats with 14 special effects options can be synchronized to the action, creating added value to every movie experience.
- Special new edutainment presentations (25 - 120 minutes) in the mornings for school children;
- State-of-the-art large format movies in digital version (20-45 minutes) in the afternoons for families and the younger generation;
- Blockbusters in digital versions (90-120 minutes) during the evenings for movie lovers;
- Unique multi sensory musical cinema experiences (45 - 90 minutes) for late night crowd.
Special features of X6D include:
Being an exhibitor Kolosej is well aware of the operational constraints of multiplex owners worldwide.
- Digital large format 3D projectors that suit screens up to 18 meters wide;
- Smart moving seats with effects; motion, scent, ticklers, wind, rain, tornado, bat and more;
- Interactive system that enables the audience to influence the progress of the experience and to play a variety of interactive games;
- State-of-the-art lighting system that is programmed individually for each show;
- Multi-channel sound system;
- A combination of digitally-controlled cranes that enable the reformation of the theatre as part of the Xperience.
Therefore X6D was developed to:
Combining the best in digital 3D technology, theme-park special effects and exceptional content, X6D is a cinema experience beyond anything seen before.
- Provide PR and marketing impact;
- Differentiate exhibitors from their competition;
- Increase the number of hours of utilization;
- Increase attendance levels;
- Increase average ticket price;
- Provide niche market penetration;
- Provide a variety of content for school programs, corporate programs, education (including large format content), and commercial films.
Exhibitors are now able to affordably adapt X6D to any auditorium or multiplex environment with minimal operational expense.